Thursday, September 10, 2020

Module 5 Assignment



 My local library is the Potomac Community Library. One of the many useful databases this library has to offer is an ACADEMIC OneFile SELECT.  Which holds several thousand of scholarly and professional journals and periodicals available in full text. Which can help with research assignments and essays.

A nova database I found to be useful and educational is the  African American Biographical Database (AABD) which includes profiles and full-text sketches providing both biographical detail and illuminating narratives chronicling the lives of Black Americans. Something I'm interested in learning. 

The library of Virginia databases I found to be useful is ReferenceUSA. Which is a U.S. business and residential directory, That allows users to generate lists of businesses by location and other variables such as business type, sales volume, number of employees, and year established. Which I'm sure I will use as I progress in my educational career since I'm an accounting major.

I find the advancement of digital history fascinating because, before technology, you would search through books on shelves at your local or school library to find information about something. You would flip through encyclopedias, thesaurus, research textbooks, etc. hoping it contains information you needed. Now we live a more advanced technological society that most information you need is on the internet.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIST/AFST 2275 Extra Credit Assignment

Naa Yarley Tackie-Yarboi Professor Lucien Holness African-American History 1 Historical Analysis Extra Credit Paper December 6, 2021   Touss...